Sign up for Subud Greater Seattle Weekly Email List
- Halimah speaks at East West Bookstore February 23
- SGS Annual Meeting Minutes
- Sunday, Feb 12 Kejiwaan Day
- The Hildreth Dynasty
- January 29, 2017
- 2018 Subud World Congress News
- Wednesday Night Latihan 7:15 Quiet Time
- Jim O’Halloran Trio @ Lake Chad Cafe
- Subud House Basement Cleaning Jan 15
- Plant trees in Kalimantan, Subud Youth to Support WSA
- New Year Celebration!
- Dewan Meeting Minutes (Dec 4, 2016)
- New Year’s Subud Party 1.1.17
- Hildreth Sisters Fundraiser
Top Posts & Pages
Subud Greater Seattle Pages
- 10.9.16 – Rehab Projects Completed in 2015-16 & Projects to Consider in 2017 for Spring St. Center
- 2014 Puebla World Congress
- Calling all members to test for The New Subud Greater Seattle Committee
- Cascadia Poetry Festival – If You’d Been There
- Dewan Meeting Minutes April 19, 2015
- Dewan Meeting Minutes April 3, 2016
- Dewan Meeting Minutes April 6, 2014
- Dewan Meeting Minutes August 4, 2013
- Dewan Meeting Minutes August 9th, 2015
- Dewan Meeting Minutes Dec 4, 2016
- Dewan Meeting Minutes Dec 5, 2015
- Dewan Meeting Minutes Feb 14, 2016
- Dewan Meeting Minutes Feb 8, 2015
- Dewan Meeting Minutes for June 12, 2016
- Dewan Meeting Minutes Jan 4, 2015
- Dewan Meeting Minutes January 5th, 2014
- Dewan Meeting Minutes July 12, 2015
- Dewan Meeting Minutes July 24, 2016
- Dewan Meeting Minutes July 7, 2014
- Dewan Meeting Minutes June 14, 2015
- Dewan Meeting Minutes June 30, 2013
- Dewan Meeting Minutes June 9, 2014
- Dewan Meeting Minutes Mar 15, 2015
- Dewan Meeting Minutes March 13, 2016
- Dewan Meeting Minutes March 2nd, 2014
- Dewan Meeting Minutes May 14, 2016
- Dewan Meeting Minutes May 18, 2014
- Dewan Meeting Minutes Nov 2, 2014
- Dewan Meeting Minutes Nov 8, 2015
- Dewan Meeting Minutes November 24, 2013
- Dewan Meeting Minutes Oct 12, 2014
- Dewan Meeting Minutes Oct 4, 2015
- Dewan Meeting Minutes Oct 9, 2016
- Dewan Meeting Minutes Sept 28, 2013
- Dewan Meeting Minutes Sept, 7, 2014
- Dewan Meeting Minutes, Dec 7, 2014
- Dewan Meeting Minutes, Oct 27, 2013
- General Meeting Minutes Subud Greater Seattle, Oct 16,2016
- Helper/Committee Members
- Jan 25, 2015, Minutes of Annual General Meeting
- Latihan Schedule
- Lodging for Subud Members
- My Community Day at the 2013 World Subud Congress
- Poems for Peace 2014
- Quiet Before and After Latihan
- Rehab Projects for SGS (12.6.15)
- Schedule for Volunteers
- Spring Street Center
- SPRING STREET CENTER LODGING TIPS
- Subud 2014 National Congress
- Subud 2016 National Congress Report Hariana Chilstrom
- Subud Links
- Subud Online Picture Gallery Features the work of Elfrida Schragen
- Subud PNW at Bellingham/Skagit Valley Info
- Subud PNW IRS Determination Letter
- Subud PNW Minutes 10/8/14
- Subud PNW Minutes 12.10.14
- Subud PNW Minutes 2.11.15
- Subud PNW Minutes 3.11.15
- Subud PNW Minutes 4.8.15
- Subud PNW Minutes 5.13.15
- Walking Diretions to Subud House
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- September 2011
Subud Greater Seattle Annual Meeting January 29, 2017
Attendees: Oswald Norton, Halstein Stralberg, Hadijah and Sherwin O’Bar, Elisha Gullixson, Danella Mauguin , Alexa Wichert, Bakti Watts, Paul Nelson, Hariana Chilstrom, Ramon Hildreth, Honora, Leandra, and Sophy HIldreth, Debbie M. Santos, Insiah Caspers, Lorraine and Raphael Tedrow, Jim and Lucinda O’Halloran, Hadiyah Carlyle.
To put a context to the upcoming election of officers, Oswald spoke about the role of the committee and what makes a good chair, vice-chair, and member-at-large.
Nominations and testing for each elected position began.
The helpers asked the following questions:
- Does……have the talent and capacity to do the job for the coming term?
- How is it for the group?
- How is it for……….if she or he serves at this time?
Chair nominations: Honora Hildreth, Hadiyah Carlyle, Hariana Chilstrom. Hariana withdrew. Honora was unanimously elected after the testing.
Vice-chair nominations: Lucinda O’Halloran, Jim O’Halloran, Hadiyah Carlyle. Hadiyah withdrew. Jim was elected after the testing. There was one opposition and two abstentions; folks didn’t want to lose Jim as a helper.
Ramon will step up as a helper now.
Member-at-large nominations: Bakti Watts, Lorraine Tedrow, Lucinda O’Halloran, Leandra Hildreth, and Alexa Wichert. Leandra declined. Lorraine was unanimously elected.
Sherwin and Hadiyah agreed to continue in their non-elected positions as Treasurer and Sec’y.
Sophy and Leandra Hildreth reported on their adventure at the Subud Youth gathering in Indonesia.
Respectfully submitted, Hadiyah Carlyle, Sec’y
Please join us for a Kejiwaan Day at the Seattle Subud House. This will happen after Latihan, Sunday, February 12, 2017, and will include a potluck. Members are welcome to test questions with their Brothers or Sisters, have personal testing, or just engage in the process which is always informative and often life-changing.
The potluck will happen right after the general Latihan, but before the Kejiwan.
If you have not participated in a Kejiwan day before, it’s a time to test questions based on your interests and concerns, and a chance to deepen connections with other members and develop our Subud community.
Skagit Valley Birdwalk to Benefit Subud Bellingham/Skagit Valley, Saturday February 18, 2017
Ramon Hildreth ended his successful tenure as Chair of Subud Greater Seattle today by handing over the reins to the new Dewan, elected (tested) in inimitable Subud fashion to his daughter Honora Hildreth. She’ll be joined by Vice-Chair Jim O’Halloran, Member-at-Large Lorraine Tedrow and Dewan holdovers Hadiyah Carlyle Secretary) and Sherwin O’Bar, Treasurer. Ramon will test to become Local Helper to replace Jim.
The process was capably guided by Regional Helper Oswald Norton and reports from the Subud Youth gathering in Indonesia were provided by two participants and sisters of the new Chair, Sophy and Leandra Hildreth.
It’s that time of the every-other-year again. The day on which we test candidates for Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Secretary and At-Large members of the local Dewan. If you have guidance that you might be a candidate for any of these positions, you may want to pretest, but our meeting is set for Sunday, January 29, 2017, after latihan. Presumably there will be food but you might be interested in providing something to share with your brothers and sisters. May the force be with you.
A hearty thank you goes out to our current Dewan:
Chair – Ramon Hildreth
Vice-Chair – Abadeen Gunatilaka
Treasurer – Sherwin O’Bar
Secretary – Hadiyah Carlyle
Helper Rep – Hadijah O’Bar
Helper Rep – Jim O’Halloran
At-Large/Eastside Rep – Hadidjah Gregory
Due to poor attendance over the past several years, Latihans will no longer happen on Thursday nights and Saturday mornings. Instead, a new Latihan time of 7;15pm Wednesdays has started as of January 11, 2017. You are welcome to attend.
Latihan times as of 1.11.17 are:
Thursdays 11:30am (Women only)
Fridays 7:45pm (Eastside only)
We hope to see you soon.
Please come out and support your Subud Brother and World-Class Musician Jim O’Halloran as his trio plays at the warm and inviting Lake Chad Cafe at 1712 S. Jackson, near the heart of Seattle’s historic Jazz Community.
On January 20 at 7pm he leads a band featuring two of the best Jazz musicians in Seattle, Evan Flory-Barnes and D’Vonne Lewis.
I’ll be playing at Lake Chad Cafe’ with D’Vonne Lewis on drums and Evan Flory-Barnes on bass!
We (Ricardo Guity, Isaac Castillo, and I) had a great time this last Friday deconstructing and reassembling tunes—Looking forward to more of the same Friday after next-the 20th.
Remember—No Cover! Full Bar! Aand a Welcoming, inclusive hang!
Delicious food with additions to the menu! Kids welcome!
Check out D’Vonne here:
And Evan here:
Check out Lake Chad Cafe’ here:
February 3 will feature Osama Afifi and Jacques Willis, February 17 will feature Farko Dosumov and Chef’s surprise.
After February 17 we will be playing alternate Saturdays, March 4th & 18th; and April 1st & 15th—lineup to follow.
Lake Chad will have Latin Dance night every Friday starting February 24; and alternate Fridays prior to that.
COME ON DOWN!
Sunday January 15 after latihan we will be cleaning out the basement so the sewer line can be fixed on Jan 30. If we have volunteers it won’t take a lot of time. Please give Subud an hour or so that we can continue maintaining the house which maintains our inner lives.